The other day we went to Oxford Street for (yet another) bit of shopping (believe it or not this is not the only thing we do, see over-pressurised girls' private schools for more details). After a workout at the gym, I (Vera) wearing this outfit, which thankfully doubles as from a set of gym clothes to an all-black look .
Jacket - Acne
Leggings, Trainers - Nike
Backpack - Tori Burch
It can sometimes be hard to be motivated to sprint on a treadmill or pass time on a cross-trainer for a time space replicating a century, sweat dripping and panting like a dehydrated dog, so here are some tips to get active and make your health and fitness life easier...
- Drink lots of water - It goes without saying, but a good amount of water can go a long way. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but also can help to prevent muscle pain, nourish your skin and improve your digestion and metabolism.
- Diet - Make sure not to crash diet and exercise in excess, this could become harmful to your health and increase the likelihood of dramatic/fast weight gain in the future.
- Weight Training - This is not only a way of building muscle and toning, but is a fast and effective muscle of shedding weight.
- Do what you love - There's no point in dreading going to the gym and working out until dreaded exhaustion, so find something you enjoy and go with it. This could be an activity like pilates, swimming or even just going for a walk regularly. I box and I love it - not only is it great for strength and muscle training, but it feels great to be able to take out your anger whilst working out and having fun!
- Don't be so hard on yourself - Make sure your body gets a rest now and again and to not be so strict, it's perfectly okay to give yourself some time to recharge your batteries and have that slice of cake :)